Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Geometric City

First of all, I want to give a huge shout out to the ladies at Lesson Plan SOS.  They created an amazing project in which students use their knowledge of lines and polygons to plan and create their own city.  I encourage all teachers in grades 3 to 5 to go to Teachers Pay Teachers and buy it now!  My kids were so engaged and they were begging me to keep working on their math.  I love how it also had a writing piece that went with it.  My kids did an amazing job of thinking about their audience, being creative, and advertising their cities. This project gave my students the chance to apply their math knowledge in a creative way, write with the purpose to persuade, practice speaking in front of the class, and work together which is not always easy to do! The students keep asking when we are going to do our next math project.  Here are some pictures of their awesome work.








2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be buying this when we start geometry! Thanks for sharing!
    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a pretty cool project. Thanks for sharing!

    http://enoughofthecattalk.com

    ReplyDelete