Saturday, April 21, 2012

Updates!

I have done it again! Ignored my blog! Between school, National Boards, a sick grandmother, an engaged sister, a pregnant sister, and trying to have some me time- needless to say life has been busy!  Here are some updates:

1.  I got two new students the week before our state testing.

2.  Our state testing is now finally over!!!!

3.  We started my Edward Tulane novel study which is my favorite thing to do with my 4th graders!  The kids beg to read another chapter every time we close the book.  It is pure heaven for me.

4. I am possibly changing grade levels next year.  After four years in 4th grade and two major classroom makeovers, I might be moving to another grade and a new classroom.  Hello anxiety!

5.   We are adopting Math Common Core next year and our state's math initiative.  Lots of new challenges.

6.  In celebration of testing being over, I got pied at our school assembly yesterday.  No one can ever accuse me of not loving my kids- I took a pie to the face and got cool whip up my nose for those little stinkers! 

After being pied

Me and my "pier"



Reading Edward Tulane and laughing because Edward (who is a china rabbit) was naked in one part!




3 comments:

  1. 3rd grade is great. You'll enjoy the move if it happens.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! You are a brave girl taking a pie in the face. I'm sure the kids loved every minute of it. I used to go in the dunk tank. Good times! :) As someone who has taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th... you'll love 3rd. They are so cute. ~Amanda @ The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read Edward Tulane twice, and teared-up at the end each time. One of my favorite read alouds. Have you gone to the website that shows the illustrator and the drawings?
    Pat

    ReplyDelete