Thursday, July 12, 2012

I am an Idiot


In the words of Roald Dahl, "We all have our moments of brilliance and glory..." This is either one of those for me or a complete opposite experience.  The other day I was in my classroom and thinking about how I like to bring in new books every few weeks to put in the library center so my kiddos don't get bored with the selection.  I was thinking about how costly that can be.  Then it hit me! Duh! Stash some of my books away in a box and pull them out during the year.  They will still be new to the kiddos just not new to me.  I am sure many of you already do this but it just now dawned on me.  Of course, I will still probably end up buying lots of new books.  Hope your week is going well!


2 comments:

  1. So not an idiot...

    Sometimes the simple things get lost on us because we are concentrating so much on the more difficult ones! :)

    Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks so much for sharing the Krulls' blog last month, too. It has been so inspiring and such a faith-filled experience for me to follow it! I am praying for Lucy and her family constantly. Thanks again.

    Jen
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Don't worry, I think we have all had those moments. So simple and yet so brilliant. Can't wait to see the classroom all set up.

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief
    Fiction Friday: A Celebration of Children’s Literature

    ReplyDelete