Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pictures from Edward Tulane Day

Edward Tulane day was a big success! The kids loved having their favorite stuffed animals at school and sharing them with their classmates.  The centers were a fun way to revisit the book and practice our reading skills.  The cake was by far the favorite part of the day for the students.  One of my kids said, "Ms. Lindsay (the art teacher) may know how to draw on paper, but you know how to draw on a cake."
Playing an Edward Tulane game created by Wise Guys

Working together!

List of Edward's emotions




Working on Edward Tulane Journal

Poetry Center

Sharing Edward Tulane Journals

Journal entry on the character Bryce
Cause and Effect with Edward
The yummy cake!

2 comments:

  1. Edward Tulane is BY FAR my ABSOLUTE favorite book ever!!! I read it to my kids every year!!! I am so glad I found your blog because I NEVER thought of doing all of these fun things to go along with it!!! THANKS!!! and p.s. I always cry at the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just the best? I bought my mom and all my sisters copies after I read it. If you want to use the book in your classroom, I created a kit to supplement the teacher guide from the offical book site. It is at my Teachers Pay Teachers store and has most of the stuff I used for Edward Tulane day in it or tells you where to get it. One thing I did to save class time- type up journal response prompts/questions on labels so the kids just stick them on a page and get right to recording their thinking!

    ReplyDelete