Friday, April 22, 2011

Website for Whole Class Fun

I wanted to share a website I found in my first year of teaching that I have continued to use.  It is called Sheppard's Software (http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games_menu.htm).  The math games are great and my kids love to play them in centers or as a whole class on our Promethean Board.  The math games are also sorted by concept so they are easy to find.  This website also has some great science items.  My students love the food chain demo (they think it is so cool when the cartoon animals eat each other) and the animal classification game is great for teaching the differences between herbivores, omnivores, and carnivores.  In addition to math and science, there are some language arts games and geography games.  Hope you find this site as enjoyable as my class does!

0 comments:

Post a Comment