Sunday, May 22, 2011

Field Day

Our school had field day on Friday complete with inflatable jumpy things, concessions, and field day events.  I am incredibly proud of my 4th graders for many reasons.  They beat the other 4th grade classes and were named Field Day Champs! They followed directions and got along on the jumpers and shared their tickets for the concessions.  The thing I am most proud of from this wonderful day was their attitudes.  They cheered so hard for each other and congratulated each other-even when they did not win an event.  My class has had some trouble getting along during the last few weeks of school so to see them clapping and high fiving people they had disagreed with was so awesome! This really reminded me of how special each of them really is and how much they have grown this past year.
  One more thought from Friday.  At the end of the day we put on Finding Nemo (I had forgotten how funny that movie is!) so we could wind down.  It still amazes me when they all get so quiet and involved in a movie and then burst out laughing at the same time.  They can frustrate me to me no end from time to time but at the end of the day-they are just kids.  This is our last full week of school-hope it is as much fun as Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment