Sunday, August 21, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy


Sorry for neglecting my blog the past week.  The first week of school is so exhausting! This week does not look like it is going to be any easier: faculty meeting, webinar, open house, birthday party, Bunko, and the list goes on! I am excited to get into the curriculum more this week although for some reason I cannot remember how I introduce place value! It is starting to stress me out!  If anyone has any cute ideas please let me know asap :) 
  Last year my school and feeder pattern participated in Take One.  This a program from the National Boards in which we do one entry from a self selected National Board certification area.  They pay for everything and you do the same entry three years in a row.  They have offered to pay almost all of the fees for complete National Board certification so I have decided (along with a few brave co-workers) to go for it! I am pretty sure I will regret this decision in the near future, but in the long run I think it will be great for my teaching practice.  Pray for me!
  To those who start school tomorrow- remember to breathe and that the first day does not have to be perfect.  To the rest of us who have already started- remember to stay consistent.  They will be testing your limits in the next few weeks to see what they can and can't get away with in your classroom.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your National Boards. It's a big job, but I have heard nothing but good things about the outcome. Everyone I know that has completed it said it really did help them become a better teacher and that's what it is all about. Also, that's awesome that it is getting paid for. Nice!
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I have a teacher institute day tomorrow and students on Tues. I teach fourth grade also. I get the tired feet and painful shoes, but I just broke my toe and dread the "teacher shoes." Good luck with your school year. I look forward to hearing more about Take One. Kathy in IL

    ReplyDelete