Friday, August 12, 2011

Final Classroom Makeover Update

Back in May I started my classroom makeover (click here to see the before photos).  I wanted to get rid of all my black and lime green decor and go towards a more soothing color scheme.  I also rearranged and organized some things.  Here are the pictures of my room as of this afternoon! We start school Monday so I am super pumped!
This is the table right when you walk in my room.  The students will
make their lunch choice here and turn in assignments in the drawers.

My genre wall where we will put pictures of the books we read this year.
Excuse the baskets.  We had meet the teacher last night.

The calendar
My Promethean board and white board.

Computer stations and blank walls ready for anchor charts!

Super cute genre posters that I bought on TpT from One Extra Degree
Library Center

more posters from One Extra Degree including book recommendations

small group area/teacher desk

My desk- this is the cleanest it will be all year

Helpers, Clip Chart, Rules, Birthday

My room

My room again
student supplies

Cubbies



I have lots more pictures but I am super tired so they will have to wait for another day.  Let me know if you have suggestions!

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks great:) Love your color scheme!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! I was thinking about using that brown with dots set too! I do love it. I have a tough time facing my desk toward a wall because I don't like visitors/parents to see what a mess it becomes at times.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Teresa
    http://thevogelgesangsteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie it looks GREAT! Can I be in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, Katie! Good luck starting Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chocolate and dots stuff! I have it too. Your classroom looks great! Sounds like your first day was good. Mine is tomorrow (Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete