Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting to Know You...

Today was the first day of school for my 4th graders.  It was a busy, kind of productive, crazy kind of day and I am exhausted.  My throat kind of hurts from not using my teacher voice in so long! Before I crawl into my bed with a book (I believe everyone will be able to hear my sigh of relief when I do that) I wanted to share with you.  As I am sure a lot of you do, I gave my kids a getting to know you sheet with lots of questions about themselves and a space to ask me a question.  I also gave them a reading interest survey.  So I have spent the past thirty minutes or so reading their responses and commenting on them.  I wanted to share some of them with you.

What are you afraid of?  elephants
What do you want to be when you grow up? baby doctor
What are you looking the most forward to in 4th grade? To learn more and to grow and to get good grades (I love that!)
What do you dislike about reading? If there are a lot of big words but that is how you grow (same kid as above)
What do you want to be when you grow up? a Marine for my country
What is something you do well?  "make strait As"
What is something you are afraid of? sharks
What is something you are afraid of? "crazy people"
What do you want to be when you grow up? A big truck worker
How do you spend your free time? helping my family

And one child wrote and asked me-"Are you nice?"  I wrote back "I think so!"

I hope all of you who started school today had a wonderful first day!


4 comments: